The Technician V - Engineering is responsible for providing testing support for development of new and existing medical device products such as IOLs and injectors. Must work independently with limited direct supervision from the R&D engineers. Perform lab work as per general written/verbal instructions for routine work and detailed instructions on new work.
- Executes engineering tests and DOE studies to support design and development of new products.
- Provides input into product design, testing, and processes.
- Supports root cause investigations and corrective action activities to address product performance issues.
- Keeps complete and accurate documentation of all work and summarize data for reporting to the engineers.
- Recognizes problems and takes corrective actives as needed.
- Follows Protocols to execute Validation studies to support regulatory submission in global markets.
- Assume leadership responsibilities organizing test material for evaluation, checking completeness of work and organizing work assignments.
- Requisition material and supplies necessary for the work to be done.
- As needed, participates in project team meetings & provide written and verbal updates.
- Maintains safety and environmental regulations in the lab.
- Ensures product quality and perform all tasks in accordance with established SOPs, GMP and Divisional Specifications.
- Reports progress and other concerns on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.