Leadership position in the Environment, Health, Safety + Sustainability organization (EHS+Sustainability), reporting to Vice President EHS+Sustainability. The main focus of the position is on the Company’s worldwide Sustainability initiatives and programs, while providing leadership in environment, health, safety + sustainability management.
• Develop and direct Company’s worldwide Environmental Sustainability short and long-range view, including; policy, procedures, governance, strategy, mission statement, performance measurements, evaluation and reporting. Provide periodic summary reports to corporate and business unit management.
• Develop, manage and champion the Company Environmental Sustainability and Stewardship Policy
• Establish methods to demonstrate the relationship and value of Sustainability performance to business results. (i.e., Fuel, Energy, Water and Waste – FEWW)
• Assess current and emerging global Environmental Sustainability issues and Company performance measures to relevant indices.
• Responsible for Company Sustainability reporting, i.e., Green Ranking, CDP, GRI, GHG, annual internal Sustainability reporting, along with Company’s website, dashboard and performance indicators.
• Subject Matter Expert for Board of Directors’ Sustainability Committee.
• Develop appropriate facility level strategies and programs to maintain or enhance company Environmental Sustainability performance and minimize Environmental Sustainability impacts.
• Establish and direct worldwide auditing programs to minimize Environmental Sustainability risks, ensure sound Environmental Sustainability management systems across all business units and levels, and ensure compliance with company and applicable governmental requirements.
• Monitor global regulatory developments. Advise business units of regulatory impacts on business operations, and assist in developing strategies to achieve compliance and costs savings.
• Direct worldwide, facility level Environmental Sustainability projects, including managing financial impacts while utilizing all Federal, State and Local grants and funding mechanisms.
• Provide leadership direction to all worldwide personnel in Environmental Sustainability functions.
Minimum of 10 years EHS+Sustainability experience in the Pharmaceutical or Medical Device field. Masters of Science in EHS or Sustainability management preferred. Multiple facility oversight/responsibilities. International business travel experience. 5 + years of experience in Corporate Sustainability metrics/data gathering and reporting. Database and software management experience required. Extremely strong data analysis, report generation and oral presentation skills required.
Approximately 50% travel (domestic and international). Office and manufacturing environment.