The Sr. Manager, Market Access Analytics will be responsible for directly supporting the US Market Access team which includes Strategic Account Management, Payer Marketing, Contracting & Pricing as well as the Head of US Market Access in developing a reporting and analytics capability to measure and evaluate performance of the Market Access strategies & tactics. This role will have high visibility to the senior leaders within US Market Access and will require a unique blend of technical ability and interpersonal/stakeholder management skills in combination with knowledge of the US Market Access environment. This role will include management and oversight of 1-2 Sr. Analysts in supporting the function.
• Provides market insights across all therapeutic areas by leveraging in-depth knowledge of Market Access landscape, claims data and managed care data
• Conducts analytics in Market Access space across BUs (e.g., market share vs. relative access, access-driven performance
• Identifies market access trends / shifts, develops perspectives on payer behaviors, and analyzes prescriber plans, preferred positioning and market share
• Analyze and report on pull through strategies to measure effectiveness and lift of formulary changes
• Coordinates with Market Access and Account teams
• Manage team of 1-2 Sr Analysts in delegating responsibilities and ensuring quality information is provided in a timely manner.
• Coordinates with BUs & Insight Leads to ensure communication of managed markets insights
• Supports queries on specific managed markets-related issues
• Proactively identifies additional data sources / requirements for the business
• Provides quarterly updates to senior leadership on market access and market events
• Responsible for working closely with senior members of market access and marketing teams to report on channel mix for forecasting and variance reporting purposes
• Provides technical insights and trend analysis to the market access group and acts as a consultant to the brand and account groups.
• Assist in providing support to build strategies for the market access team
• 7+ years of pharmaceutical experience, with at least 3 years in managed markets in an analytics capacity
• Extensive knowledge of various industry data sources such as: IMS Rx and Claims data (xPonent, xPonent Plantrak, DDD and HCOS) or Symphony Rx and Claims data (Prescriber, Prescriber/Payer, PHAST) + MMIT or Fingertip Formulary Data
• Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in statistics, math and/or business. Graduate Degree preferred.
Technical Skills requirement:
• Proficiency in SAS, SQL, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and other analytical + reporting tools
Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience with Pharmaceutical Benefit Managers, Consulting or Managed Care companies a plus.
• Analytical and/or technical proficiency at analyzing large data sets to derive insights, build models and forecast future business.
• Experience with pharmaceutical data and data visualization tools
• Must have demonstrated an ability to prioritize and manage projects
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to contribute individually and in team settings
• Proficient verbal and written skills