The Senior Service Technician is responsible for providing testing support for development of new and existing medical device products such as IOLs and injectors. Must work independently with limited direct supervision from the R&D engineers. Perform lab work as per general written/verbal instructions for routine work and detailed instructions on new work.
- Executes engineering tests and DOE studies to support design and development of new products.
- Provides input into product design, testing, and processes.
- Supports root cause investigations and corrective action activities to address product performance issues.
- Keeps complete and accurate documentation of all work and summarize data for reporting to the engineers.
- Recognizes problems and takes corrective actives as needed.
- Follows Protocols to execute Validation studies to support regulatory submission in global markets.
- Assume leadership responsibilities organizing test material for evaluation, checking completeness of work and organizing work assignments.
- Requisition material and supplies necessary for the work to be done.
- As needed, participates in project team meetings & provide written and verbal updates.
- Maintains safety and environmental regulations in the lab.
- Ensures product quality and perform all tasks in accordance with established SOPs, GMP and Divisional Specifications.
- Reports progress and other concerns on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.