Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
Business Development is a critical function to the company’s global growth strategy and we expect the BD Manager/Analyst role to directly contribute to our continued success. This position is a highly visible role within the organization supporting both the Business Development function directly, as well as other Senior Executives in a range of global deal activities.
This Manager/ Sr. Analyst Business Development will report directly to the SVP, Head of Business Development and Treasurer, however, for specific projects , this position may report to other members of the Business Development team
• Participating in a range of corporate transactions, negotiations and due diligence activities.
• Assisting in the identification and evaluation of product/company acquisitions, divestitures and in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities.
• Prepare transaction-related (external and internal) review documents.
• Assisting in the development of proposals and term sheets.
• Creating commercial forecasts and financial models related to potential transactions and other quantitative analysis.
• Coordinating internal and external resources to develop market analysis, and validate assumptions critical to the underlying business strategy.
• Developing effective presentations for senior management.
• Support transition teams for acquisitions and divestitures.
• A range of special projects.
• Two to five years in a business development capacity, strategic consulting or investment banking role.
• Superior analytical skills.
• Demonstrated skills in financial modeling and quantitative analysis.
• Demonstrated capabilities for summarizing information in a concise and efficient manner and preparing effective presentations and summaries.
• Direct experience in business transactions (licensing, acquisitions, mergers, divestitures) preferred.
• Excellent business judgment coupled with self-reliance and initiative.
• Demonstrated sound judgment regarding the management of information, including a superior level of appreciation for the sensitivity of key information and maintaining confidentiality.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Ability to operate effectively as part of a team.
• BA/BS degree in business and/or sciences preferred.
• An advanced degree would be a plus.
• Advanced computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
Valeant is an equal opportunity employer