The Enterprise Risk Manager will act as a primary point of contact for the day-to-day operations of the Enterprise Risk Management Office (“ERMO”). The operations are critical to the management of the ERMO and for the periodic briefings to the Board of Directors on the nature and potential impact of the principal risks facing Valeant. This role will manage the implementation and development of the Valeant Risk Framework to ensure that there are processes and mechanisms in place to manage and escalate issues relating to all types of risk within Valeant (Strategic, Operational, Financial, and Compliance risks) at the direction of the SVP, Head of Litigation and Government Investigations. We are seeking an individual with the utmost degree of professionalism and integrity, capable of handling highly sensitive and confidential matters, and with an industrious and self-motivated approach. The qualified candidate will be expected to interact with senior business leaders who are designated risk owners for the organization.
Reports To: SVP, Head of Litigation and Government Investigations
• To manage the operation of the ERMO, such that the Board and Senior Management are kept informed on prevailing key risk exposures and issues;
• To produce risk summaries, assessments and calibrations and to regularly brief on key exposures and risk issues across the organization;
• To maintain the inventory, prioritization, impact and likelihood of known Valeant risks;
• To assess and document new or emerging risks;
• To execute periodic measurement and assessment of Key Risk Indicators;
• To help in the development and monitoring of risk response plans
Minimum 5+ years' experience in risk managment & project management.
Bachelor's degree is required in related business field.
Extremely strong communication and inter-personal skills are essential
Must be detail oriented and demonstrate excellent organizational skills
Strong sense of ownership and responsibility, and a strong work ethic focused on providing excellent customer service; demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
Able to work independently and under time constraints in a fast paced and dynamic environment
Exceptional judgment, integrity and ability to assess risk