• Primary objective is to provide research and development in process and product engineering to include: development of new intraocular lenses; development of new technology for production, product testing, and inspection processes; and validations for new products, manufacturing equipment, and manufacturing processes.
• Provide support in new product development, including the development of new manufacturing equipment and processes.
• Write high quality technical reports with sound scientific/engineering rationale and conclusions.
• Coordinate validation activities for new products, manufacturing equipment, and manufacturing processes.
• Interface with various functions, gather requirements, author and execute validation protocols and write technical reports
• Coordinate activities related to the transfer of new products and processes into manufacturing.
• Lead investigations into reported performance issues and identify & implement solutions.
• Lead modeling and evaluation studies, write reports to support regulatory approvals in global markets.
• Participate in project team meetings and provide written and verbal updates
• Generate design control documentation in support of new product development
• Analyze test methods, identify gaps relative to end-user application and improve test method robustness
• Evaluate safety, efficiency and effectiveness of medical devices and provide modeling support where needed
• Review form and function of medical devices and relate lab studies with end user experience
This position is part of the R&D team with responsibility for the design, development, improvement, validation and launch of Surgical device products. It is located in Clearwater, FL and reports to the Clearwater Director of R&D.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
1+ years of experience, preferably with comparable responsibilities in a similar or related Industry