Provide packaging development and engineering support and expertise in the regulated pharmaceutical products space. Support packaging component and packaging process engineering activities for development, capacity expansion, continuity of supply and maintenance of business efforts within the Valeant B+L business unit. Selected candidate will work with a primary focus on products produced at the B+L pharmaceutical manufacturing site located in Tampa, FL. Selected candidate may be required to support work conducted other sites as appropriate.
• Support the packaging engineering function in the design, development and qualification of primary and secondary packaging for pharmaceutical products.
• Support the engineering activities associated with the design and development of new innovative packaging systems for existing products and R&D pipeline products.
• Participate in the identification, selection, specification and qualification of primary and secondary packaging components.
• Contribute to the critique of new/modified packaging designs for robustness as it relates to product protection, packaging process performance, and regulatory compliance.
• Participate in trouble-shooting of packaging component and/or packaging process issues with established platforms.
• Contribute to the identification of new packaging materials, technologies and equipment that will add convenience for customers, reduce manufacturing and material costs, and improve efficiencies.
• Create and execute packaging test protocols and methods.
• Participate in design of experiments to establish robust packaging process performance.
• Develop/revise packaging material and component specifications/drawings.
• Participate in packaging component and process qualifications with generation of appropriate documentation.
Education: BS in Packaging Science or related Engineering discipline with applicable direct work experience.
Experience: 3-5 yrs. experience in design, development, and/or engineering of packaging used for medical devices or pharmaceuticals products. Experience with primary and secondary packaging materials including, but not limited to, bottles, closures, dropper tips, tubes, labels, cartons, inserts, and corrugated shippers.
Special Skills: Familiar with aseptic/sterile manufacturing environments and packaging processes.
Demonstrated skills in packaging component and packaging process design, experimentation and validation.
Knowledge of Pharmaceutical and/or Medical Device Regulations.
Strong troubleshooting and analytical capabilities.
Position requires strong communication and interactive skills, capable of working independently or on project teams as required.
Specialized Training: Project Management, Six Sigma/DOE, and Product & Process Development Phase Gate Methodology experience, training or certification preferred.