Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
• Provide strategic medical management of Dermatology and Aesthetics therapeutic areas including planning and execution.
• Create and manage a budget.
• Foster enduring relationships with top scientific key opinion leaders.
• Ensure effective input for promotional review committees.
• Support R&D organization (e.g., Phase IV, due diligence).
• Leadership experience in Medical Affairs, with fast paced and responsive style.
• Excellent management and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interact easily with all levels within the organization; tactful; mature; flexible.
• High level of collaboration and influencing skills.
• Ability to communicate scientific and clinical information clearly and credibly.
• Poised, knowledgeable scientific presenter.
• MD with some pharma experience preferred, PharmD or PhD with substantial pharma experience may also be considered
• Senior Director title is commensurate with experience, can also hire at the Director level
• Minimum 5 years with Medical Affairs in pharmaceutical industry, clinical trials/research experience a plus.
• Ability to travel for both internal and external meetings (> 25%)
• Experience in interacting with publication agencies, medical information vendors, statistical and research consultants.
• Experience in supporting R&D, commercial organization and leadership
• Experience in review/editing of promotional materials.
• Experience in presentations within pharma industry and/or academia
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.
To learn more please read Valeant’s Job Offer Fraud Statement.