Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
The Manager, Sales Force Analytics will be responsible for developing and producing timely and accurate business reports for Bausch + Lomb’s Vision Care business. This person will combine internal sales data with syndicated data sources to take ownership of key reports in the day to day operations of the business. Additionally, the Manager, Sales Force Analytics provides analytical support and insights for the Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”) for Vision Care Field Force such as quota attainment, rankings, contest achievement and other key sales force effectiveness metrics.
The Manager, Sales Force Analytics needs to have the ability to develop and analyze data to make insights and recommendations. They are expected to maintain an in depth knowledge of customers and competition. The ideal candidate will work cross functionally as needed to assist in commercial support of Bausch + Lomb’s Vision Care sales goals by developing a close working relationship with all functional stakeholders (includes Marketing, Field Sales Leadership, Distributor and Strategic Account Teams, and Finance). They will be responsible for translating strategic direction (developed by Marketing with Sales Leadership input) into actionable targeting and insight based tools for a variety of sales personnel. This position is expected to foster a mastery of analytical techniques to support business inquiry for someone who can work in a ‘hands-on’ analytics capacity in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This position will be based in Bridgewater, NJ area and some occasional domestic travel may be required.
• Flawless execution and delivery of Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports evaluating the effectiveness of the Vision Care field sales force
• Maintain and update various targeting and planning tools as required.
• Fulfill ad-hoc requests in a timely and accurate manner
• Be pro-active in providing actionable customer insights and category/market analysis to support strategy, innovation and business development/management for sales and marketing teams.
• Act as the critical and objective voice in supporting sales and marketing with planning, forecasting and other relevant business decisions as they pertain to the field force.
• B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent required.
• Minimum five years’ experience working in prior Sales Analyst, Sales Effectiveness, or Sales Forecasting position preferred.
• Excellent attention to detail and data accuracy required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Advanced experience in MS Excel required.
• Minimum intermediate knowledge of SAS required that will be expected to develop into high-end functional analytical expertise.
• Novice to intermediate knowledge of VBA desirable.
• Strong mathematical, computer and analytical skills.
• Some occasional domestic travel required (5-10%).