Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
This is a capital sales position responsible for growing the territory by adding new accounts, and participating in activities related to the commercial sale of Solta’s capital equipment products to physicians and health care professionals within an assigned territory.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
Note: The following are meant to be representative but not necessarily all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities for this position title.
The Capital Equipment Specialist has general responsibilities for selling planning organizing and implementing all account management activities related to the sale and distribution of Solta’s capital equipment in a given territory. The Capital Equipment Specialist has high accountability for achieving the territory sales quotas and objectives.
The Capital Equipment Specialist has primary responsibilities for:
• Achieving sales quota results in the assigned territory.
Performing effective territory penetration coverage and account identification to drive sales and increase the customer base for Solta devices.
• Providing training presentations and demonstrations to the customer on application and use of the company’s products using effective communication and sales techniques.
• Educating the customer regarding the indications contraindications and safety of Solta products and how they fulfill the needs of the customer.
• Supporting and helping to facilitate the execution of regional training workshops and tradeshows within the territory and area.
• Pre-planning sales calls and maintaining efficient time management skills to ensure maximum customer contact and highest level of customer service.
• Developing and maintaining up-to-date account files.
• Preparing sales contracts quotes price and terms per company guidelines.
• Completing administrative responsibilities including quarterly business plans weekly expense reports up-to-date account profiles and Solta’s computer customer database.
• Maintaining updated knowledge of the industry and competitive products.
• Developing and maintaining supportive productive and effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
• Maintaining compliance with all applicable quality and regulatory guidelines as an integral part of business operations.
• Maintain consistent communication with Director of Sales and Sales Consultant(s) on all matters related to the territory and area including accurate forecasting.
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and represent Solta with high integrity ethics honesty loyalty and professionalism.
Experience Education Training Traits:
• This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years of proven success selling capital equipment.
Preference for candidates who also have experience with consumable selling.
• 4-6 years of demonstrated success selling medical products or services to physicians and other health care providers. Preference for direct customer experience with the plastic surgeon and dermatologist audience.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of employees.
• Ability to make effective and persuasive communications and technical presentations to physicians management and/or large groups. Ability to thoroughly understand and communicate the attributes and qualities of Solta products using professional selling and closing skills.
• Ability to use word processing and database applications and various software programs such as Excel and PowerPoint.
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Knowledge of FDA GMPs. Ability to function in a controlled environment regulated by FDA GMPs.
• Knowledge of clinical surgical techniques and procedures and medical terminology.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills. Skill in managing time effectively. Ability to be flexible in changing daily workload priorities as directed.
• Ability to travel adequately to cover territory including overnight stays, attend tradeshows and corporate and training meetings.
• Ability to maintain suitable work station (including inventory) in own residence.
• Ability to transport of up to 60 pounds of equipment within territory.
Valeant is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.