Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
Under the direction of the Sr. Director, the Sr. Manager Contract Development is responsible for managing all aspects of Valeant’s contract lifecycle for national commercial accounts. This role works closely with Strategic National Account Executives (AE) to develop LOIs, and contractual documents which reflects customer negotiation and adherence to Valeant’s standard business and legal terms. This role will also ensure the timely review and approval from appropriate persons within legal, analytics, and other key stakeholders as needed. Our customers that we contract with include PBMs (Pharmacy Benefit Managers) and health plans. The person for this role should have working experience writing these types of contracts, knowing the nuances and industry related terms.
• Develop complex contract documents, including LOIs, master agreements and amendments in support of the national commercial accounts.
• Support AEs with customer contract negotiations regarding key business terms and legal terms.
• Manage the contract lifecycle for national accounts, from draft to executed agreements, ensuring all documents are properly loaded into Valeant’s contract management systems.
• Maintain collaborative relationships with Legal, Market Access Analytics and Contract Operations teams to ensure contract language meets the needs of the business. Ensure all financial, legal, and corporate guidelines are met and are reflective in all contracts. Ensure compliance of contracts with all legal, company, systems, and audit requirements.
• Work with Sr. Director to draft contractual documents in support of new contract strategies and or product launches.
• Support and mentor Contract Development Managers and junior level staff with contract drafts and process improvement and operational efficiencies
• BA/BS degree
• 4 - 6 years pharmaceutical experience in contract development and creation.
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent writing ability and superior attention to details.
• Excellent oral communications skills.
• Excellent time management skills; ability to meet tight timelines deadlines.
• Demonstrated capability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
Our customers that we contract with include PBMs (Pharmacy Benefit Managers) and health plans. The person for this role should have working experience writing these types of contracts, knowing the nuances and industry related terms.
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.
To learn more please read Valeant’s Job Offer Fraud Statement.